Remove individual click-through function on an Index Item

Hey there,

This question is specific to the 'York Template'

On the main index page, I'm looking to remove the 'Index Item Text' and click-through function on an individual index section, the idea is to use the full-length banner as an image inbetween information links (above and below) rather than a link to an information page.

I was hoping there would be a line of CSS that I could inject or even a suggestion on another process of uploading which might work.

I'd appreciate any help on this!

Thanks

• Replies 9
  • Views 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@tuanphan

Yes, that is correct, please refer to the attached image - I'm looking to remove the red text (index page / link title) and stop or remove the click-through function on the image shown.

I'd still like to keep the hover function, but the image needs to be static with no text if that makes sense?

Please let me know if you need more details... apologies if I'm not using the correct terminology.

Thanks

screenshot-2019-08-31-at-90342-pm.png.e3e851a68e2d30fd649b1337c5bd8165.png

@MrLoubser Try this code. If it doesn't work, please share site url to check code. Add code to HOME > DESIGN > CUSTOM CSS

/* Hide Item Text - Homepage */
.homepage h2.index-item-title {
   visibility: hidden !important;
}
/* Remove Click - Homepage */
.homepage .index-item {
   pointer-events: none;
}

Also, I have seen your comment on my blog (beaverhero.com). I have now closed the comment, so you can post here or sent to contact form on my blog instead.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

@MrLoubser Try this code. If it doesn't work, please share site url to check code. Add code to HOME > DESIGN > CUSTOM CSS

.homepage h2.index-item-title {
}
.homepage .index-item {
}

Also, I have seen your comment on my blog (beaverhero.com). I have now closed the comment, so you can post here or sent to contact form on my blog instead.

Or send to forum message

Ok, this works great!

So, at the moment it removes all Index Titles and all click-throughs, how do I use it for a specific Index section as there are only 3 I want to disable like this.

For example, the index-item-title section in question is "neuron" - how would I only target that section?

Thanks

@MrLoubser

.homepage .index-section:nth-child(2) .index-item-title, .homepage .index-section:nth-child(3) .index-item-title {
}

.homepage .index-section:nth-child(2) .index-item, .homepage .index-section:nth-child(3) .index-item {
}

Depending on the item, you can change it to 3,4,5,6, ..

Or send to forum message

• 3 weeks later...

@tuanphan okay I am also trying to remove the index title that appears on rollover over the index image for a page.

I use this code on the CSS section? /* Hide Item Text - Homepage */ .homepage .index-section:nth-child(2) .index-item-title, .homepage .index-section:nth-child(3) .index-item-title { visibility: hidden !important; }

(for the example let's say my page was called Chocolate, so I understand what I am doing with the code. Please Thank you!!!!)

Archived