Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
merrymoondancer

Display Index Page as Folder in Navigation

Question

Hi there. Is there anyway to get an Index page to display as a Folder (drop down menu) in the navigation? I need both features rather than having to pick one over the other. Thanks!

Edited by merrymoondancer
Initial Revision

7 answers to this question

We'd like to help but it is difficult to understand what you are asking. Do you want an Index Page to appear as an item within a Navigation Folder? It may help if you provide a working link to your website in your reply.

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm currently booked until the middle of April 2020.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension are now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.

Yes! You have to build a folder that links to each section of the index page.

Which template are you in? If using Brine-family, the links would be /index-PAGE-url#index-SECTION-url

Hi @toricox2

I was using <a href="/slug">Page Title</a> to link folders with index pages but it suddenly stopped working. Would you recommend using

/index-PAGE-url#index-SECTION-url instead?

Could you give an example of what it would look like ? Do you insert this into the page navigation? 

Thank you.

Hi there! 

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I'll try to help! 

IF you are trying to create a folder that contains links to individual sections of an index page, then yes,  I recommend /index-PAGE-url#index-SECTION-url if you are on Brine. 

However- you don't need to custom code. Just use a normal link and add it to the folder. https://www.loom.com/share/95d57cb5fd754139add451004c2432d8

If, however, you mean that you used custom code to control what happened when they clicked on the NAME of the folder-  I address that the end of the video 🙂