Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Clara

Brine: Keeping navigation menu expanded when viewing a sub-page?

Question

Posted (edited)

Hey there, on my site I have a folder in the primary navigation that I would like to keep expanded when a user is currently viewing a page listed in that folder. I would like it to behave normally when a user is not currently viewing a page in that folder, aka be collapsed until a user hovers over it. I've tried a lot of fixes and cannot seem to find anything that works. Any leads here would help a lot. I'm using Hatch, part of the Brine family of templates.

Edited by hypergrow

4 answers to this question

Solve for keeping a submenu expanded only when on a page within that submenu:

Expanding all submenus:

collection-5d657c923cca420001ae38f .Header-nav-folder {left:0px;opacity:1;transform:none;}

Expanding submenus in the Primary Nav only:

collection-5d657c923cca420001ae38f .Header-nav--primary .Header-nav-folder {left:0px;opacity:1;transform:none;}

Expanding submenus in the Secondary Nav only:

collection-5d657c923cca420001ae38f .Header-nav--secondary .Header-nav-folder {left:0px;opacity:1;transform:none;}

Each page has a unique collection id number. On the pages that you want the contents of the navigation submenu/dropdown to be expanded, just search that page's code for its collection number, it should look like "

We'd like to help but it is difficult to understand what you are asking. Please try to be more specific, and ensure you include a working link to the page on your site and the steps you’ve taken so far? If your site isn't live yet, please set a site password and tell us what it is.

For more advice, read the forum guidelines

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital

Posted (edited)

Solve for keeping the submenu/dropdown navigation open generally:

.Header-nav-folder {left:0px;opacity:1;transform:none;}

Edited by hypergrow
Initial Revision