How can I enable 'express checkout' for a single product only?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I'm using custom CSS to hide my header and footer in order to use Squarespace for landing pages. The biggest part of a landing page is to make it as seamless as possible to get someone to buy whatever you're selling on that page. Everything went to plan except when there's no way to access the cart without the header. Does anyone know how to enable 'express checkout' only on a single product?

Edited by leesmallman
Initial Revision

'Express Checkout' is a site-wide setting. You can't enable it for a single product.

However you could add a script to redirect users to the checkout after they've added the item to the cart.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Solution

One could be written, but more information is needed, like the url of your website and the product you want to sell in this way.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/13/2022 at 8:14 PM, tom3 said:

@claireclausing@Jeremyn @martipurull were you ever able to find a script that did this?

Yes! Sort of. I was able to find a script that would redirect to the cart after pushing add to cart, but it has to be applied to a whole store page. So I just made a separate store page for this one product. I know that's probably not what you're looking for though. But just in case, here's a link to it:

https://github.com/tomsWebConsulting/twcsl/tree/main/Redirect to Url After Add to Cart Button Has Been Clicked and SS Indicates Item Has Been Added to Cart#redirect-to-url-after-add-to-cart-button-has-been-clicked-and-ss-indicates-item-has-been-added-to-cart

Written by @creedon

11 minutes ago, claireclausing said:

I was able to find a script that would redirect to the cart after pushing add to cart, but it has to be applied to a whole store page.

With a little code, it should be possible to selectively turn on express checkout based on a product's tag, making it easier for merchants to manage.

On 1/19/2022 at 4:40 PM, claireclausing said:

Yes! Sort of. I was able to find a script that would redirect to the cart after pushing add to cart, but it has to be applied to a whole store page. So I just made a separate store page for this one product. I know that's probably not what you're looking for though. But just in case, here's a link to it:

https://github.com/tomsWebConsulting/twcsl/tree/main/Redirect to Url After Add to Cart Button Has Been Clicked and SS Indicates Item Has Been Added to Cart#redirect-to-url-after-add-to-cart-button-has-been-clicked-and-ss-indicates-item-has-been-added-to-cart

Written by @creedon

Thank you @creedon and @claireclausing That worked by changing the redirect URL to /checkout and only adding the script to the specific store page.