Listing products like a menu.

What we want to do with this website is to have a products page where it simply lists the name, weight, and price, with a button to learn more and a button to add to cart.

Imagine it like a simple menu at a restaurant.

The UI it has for entering new products in looks exactly like what we want.

Any ideas?

• Replies 3
  • Views 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you explain a little more about the products and why you need them to be displayed in this way. If you have an existing website it would help for us to see it.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I'm building this website for someone else, and they are adamant that it is this way. I do not know why, I just do what I am told. The best example would be to just look at the UI squarespace has in place for entering products into the database.

Sorry if it seems an odd question to ask you but as a UX designer I follow user-centred design principles. I'm always interested to know WHY the client asks for something. WHAT do they need to achieve as the outcome? What information do they need from their customers?

It is not uncommon for client requests to be based on limited knowledge of good UI design and limited knowledge of their customers' preferences (your client's clients).

If you can identify why, there may be an easier way to give them what they want :-)

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived