Flatiron: How to add a folder to the index page

Is there a way with to add a folder (and all its sub-sites) to an index page? I know it's not possible the "ordinary" way.I use the Flatiron index page and have a (not yet linked) folder with sub-sites that I would like to be shown on the index page, which is my homepage. Any ideas?I'm new to coding but got help from some people so grateful for any tips you have :)Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Views 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ThompsonWebDesign Thanks very much for your fast answer! So I created the main site of the folder (the first one to appear when clicking the folder name in the navigation) and I could actually add that to the index now but can I then somehow link that site to the drop-down of my folder in navigation?

Is it possible to add a link to the folder drop-down in the navigation that links the site on the index page? Not sure this makes sense :)

I know about the normal links but not sure I can add a link to a drop-down.. I would just love to have the site (at least the main site) shown on the index page as well as in the drop-down of the navigation section.

Absolutely, you will just need to create links within the folder that you have in your navigation. Don't select a page though, enter the URL yourself. Make sure you enter the full URL of the page that you want to link to, for example your website.com/your-page.

I you take a look at my website you can see that the homepage is an index. https://thompsonweb.design

But if you follow the below link you are take to just one page within the index. https://thompsonweb.design/about-thompson-web-design

@ThompsonWebDesign thanks so much!! You're a star.I just moved the first page of my folder up to the index and it now shows in a tile there. Then I added a link, entering the URL of that site, and dragged that link in the folder at 1st position. Then quickly enable the site and all good!

I didn't know that you can add links to folders by just dragging them there, it thought that was possible by adding a page only.

Thanks once again - great help! Oh, and your site looks great :)

@ThompsonWebDesign thanks so much!! You're a star.I just moved the first page of my folder up to the index and it now shows in a tile there. Then I added a link, entering the URL of that site, and dragged that link in the folder at 1st position. Then quickly enable the site and all good!

I didn't know that you can add links to folders by just dragging them there, it thought that was possible by adding a page only.

Thanks once again - great help! Oh, and your site looks great :)

Archived