Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
dearcharliemarketing

Add 'view cart' or 'go to checkout' on item page (Brine template)

Question

Hi all,

I'd like to improve the UX of the checkout process. By adding a button that appears when product is in the cart / after clicking add to cart on the item page that says 'go to checkout'. So that users do not have to scroll up to the cart icon to checkout.

Is this possible?

Website is built in the brine template. Currently it is password protected so cannot share the URL, but it the checkout page hasn't been edited in terms of CSS (yet!).

Thanks all

Edited by DCM4220
Correct usage of product & item pages in-line with SS definitions

14 answers to this question

Yes, a developer could easily add this capability with JavaScript.

-Paul

Squarespace Expert & Professional Developer

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm currently booked until the end of May 2020.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions for Squarespace 7.0 and 7.1: Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension 
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Wishlist extension is now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.

Correct. CSS can style the button, but not create it. Brad's answer below is a great example of this - using JS and CSS.

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm currently booked until the end of May 2020.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions for Squarespace 7.0 and 7.1: Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension 
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Wishlist extension is now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.

On closer inspection, this is making the headings jump up above the page for a second before the page loads so I think there may be a glitch with this otherwise this would be so perfect! What a shame... do you think it's something you could tell me how to resolve?

Hi there, I've just tried it on a few different websites and I can't seem to recreate the issues that you're having. If you can the code back to your website and send me link via the contact form on my website I can take a look at it for you to see if we can solve the problem.

https://thompsonweb.design/get-in-touch

If you see an answer that was helpful please consider hitting the 121238226_Screenshot2019-11-02at14_53_39.png.0416997a5e856e0159fa1edbd624659e.png button on the right. 

Need help with your website or online store? Feel free to get in touch.

thompsonweb.design