Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
PMDesigner

How do I put a folder within a folder in the navigation?

Question

Posted (edited)

Lets try this again.

The last question I posted seems to have not made it anywhere over the past 3 days.

How do i nest folders in the navigation for the bedford template, or in other words make it so that a drop down can have a dropdown in it. This is very important to my client. This is very simple. If Squarespace does not allow this I may very well have to use something else.

I found one thread about this and it never got answered...

The next thread I found about this, they basically said "One level deep is best.", the complaints were ignored, and the question was closed...

I am starting to get the idea that squarespace is not a real good company as far as support and flexibility go.

i'm begging you; change my mind!

Edited by Paul2009

6 answers to this question

Hi @PMDesigner ,

It's not possible - Squarespace only allows you to have one folder (rather than nesting them within each-other). It CAN be done using the Developer Mode; but needs to be configured in the template files.

We have explained how we achieved this here:https://www.dcodegroup.com/blog/multi-level-menu-in-squarespace

Feel free to reach out if you need assistance with this.

Thanks,AndrewDCODE GROUP

Hi @egreen118 ,

I think @PMDesigner was asking how you add a folder within a folder - which is not possible. The link provided shows you how to add a drop-down (but not a drop-down within a drop-down, etc).

Note: This URL refers to Squarespace V5 - the current Squarespace version is 7.

Hey thanks for the response! I am very glad that you at least answered me.

I may try doing this in developer mode. I do want to say, this is something very simple and Squarespace should make it easy to do. I will see if my client can part ways with their menu style.

Either way, thanks for the link and the info.

No worries - let me know if you get stuck, happy to help further directly if we can.

The thing about Squarespace is that it does what it does well - but outside that, it can be fairly inflexible.

Because it comes with native Templates, the configuration is fairly limited. Navigation, Sub Navigation and Sub-Sub-Navigation simply have never been part of the off-the-shelf templates and as such are not supported. To get this to work you not only have to change the configuration of the system; you also have to change the templates - which is unlikely to be supported for some time.

• Andrew