Messenger Chat Window will not display - Facebook Plugin not working

Dear all,

I have followed all the steps I can find on how to add live Facebook chat to my website, the window simply does not display.

FYI:

• My domain name (3rd party) is "https". It is the only name I have added to facebook's "Whitelist" column:https://brettwalshphotography.com

• as outlined in many you tube tutorials, I have pasted the plugin code provided by facebook first thing in the footer input for my website (settings > advanced > code injection).

I do not know what other factors could be preventing the chat window from displaying. I would be grateful for any advise!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

I was having this same problem and couldn't find any answer, but I think I figured it out so I wanted to post for anyone else having the problem.

My facebook page isn't published yet as I'm still working on it. Therefore there's no public page to message from keeping the messenger code from publishing. Without a page to message from, the button will not show up.

• 10 months later...

To fix your Facebook and the Messenger problems, you could try out the simple way: restarting your iOS device. Or just force close the apps and open them later as well as reinstalling them. If these simple fixes fail, then you are recommended to use the advanced method: using ios repair tools such as TunesKit iOS System Repair, which can be quite effective in resolving the issues you listed without data loss.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 1:28 AM, lawrence2020 said:

To fix your Facebook and the Messenger problems, you could try out the simple way: restarting your iOS device. Or just force close the apps and open them later as well as reinstalling them. If these simple fixes fail, then you are recommended to use the advanced method: using ios repair tools such as TunesKit iOS System Repair, which can be quite effective in resolving the issues you listed without data loss.

This makes no sense. It isnt an iOS problem. it’s a code issue. Every hear of checking the cable first before anything else? Same analogy applies. 

Archived