Adjust line weight of hamburger menu icon?

Go to solution Solved by insidethesquare,

• Solution

Hey @peterliang ! So I have sad news - it looks like that hamburger menu is actually a character, so we cant change the thickness of the lines using CSS :( You can use any other Unicode character, so if there is another one in that character map that is a thinner version you can switch it up! But right now it is set to display character "/e030" and CSS cant change the line weight. I hope that makes sense!

@insidethesquare, thank you for that explanation! I'm not familiar with Unicode characters, but did a quick web search. Would that character be modified (color, line weight) by the font that is set for that portion of my site? If I were to find another character I liked better, how/where would I change that?

• 1 year later...

That is very interesting, as we have just updated our burger menu to a preferred thickness.

Of course, our website is running on Squarespace 7.1, so in case you are on the same, try using this css:

/*burger menu thickness*/

.top-bun, .patty, .bottom-bun {
  height: 3px !important;
}

/*end burgre menu thickness*/

p.s. you can adjust the thickness to your liking by changing value next to px (currently set to 3px)

hope this helps! 

• 4 months later...
On 9/29/2020 at 5:49 PM, eugenesoch said:

That is very interesting, as we have just updated our burger menu to a preferred thickness.

Of course, our website is running on Squarespace 7.1, so in case you are on the same, try using this css:

}

p.s. you can adjust the thickness to your liking by changing value next to px (currently set to 3px)

hope this helps! 

This worked perfectly. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
On 9/29/2020 at 6:49 PM, eugenesoch said:

}

hope this helps! 

That worked like a charm, but only in mobile version. Or is it me? Thanks, legend!