Change shopping cart icon position in Hayden?

On my site, https://www.cosmicbikes.com I am having a problem with the the shopping cart icon.

1. On pages that have a banner image it looks fine, but is not clickable. How do I make it active?
  2. On pages that use the default header, the cart icon is partially obscured by the header. Here's a screenshot of a page affected by this:

alt text

I've seen sites using the same template where the shopping cart icon has been repositioned a little further down, but I don't know how to do this. I've scoured this forum and SQSP help to no avail. I'm hoping for a simple piece of code someone can suggest and a place to paste it in. Thank you.

shopping-cart.jpeg.b7e70fc3d83fa0e4bb6a17dbb6db75c7.jpeg

• Replies 14
  • Views 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not seeing this issue. Perhaps you fixed it?

Heads-up in case you aren't aware - there's an error in your Drip code :-)

alt text

screenshot-2019-08-15-at-150453.png.921ca235524cb7de97e817a9723114c9.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I don't see the issue on Firefox (Version 68.0.2) either. What are you doing to replicate the issue?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

This is truly mystifying, and you're not the only person who tells me it works on your end. I am running the latest version of Firefox, and I tested it on a number of different computers (all Apple), and on my end, I get what I described. This makes it hard to me to have the confidence that the customer doesn't have a problem. If anyone has any insight as to what's happening, I'd love to hear it.

This is truly mystifying, and you're not the only person who tells me it works on your end. I am running the latest version of Firefox, and I tested it on a number of different computers (all Apple), and on my end, I get what I described. This makes it hard to me to have the confidence that the customer doesn't have a problem. If anyone has any insight as to what's happening, I'd love to hear it.

OK, I can replicate this - it only appears on a refresh for me which usually means it's a Ajax/JavaScript issue.

alt text

If you've added custom code, remove it and see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't contact Squarespace Customer Care and report the issue. You can reach out to them here.

If the problem goes away, it's your code and you'll need to troubleshoot it.

I hope this helps.

I removed all custom code I could find, and the problem persists. I'm not holding my breath for SQSP support, because I already talked to them about this and they suggested I change the template (oooof!).

If anyone has any other ideas on how to troubleshoot this, please feel free to add comments. Thank you.

I removed all custom code I could find, and the problem persists. I'm not holding my breath for SQSP support, because I already talked to them about this and they suggested I change the template (oooof!).

If anyone has any other ideas on how to troubleshoot this, please feel free to add comments. Thank you.

This appears to be a bug in this template's code, affecting Firefox. I'd expect Squarespace to fix it if reported to them. However, if you add this workaround to the end of Design > Custom CSS it should fix it for you:

.sqs-cart-dropzone {
 top: 152px !important;
}

Let me know how you get on.

-Paul

Squarespace Expert & Professional Developer

Contributors to this forum voluntarily give their time to help you. If we correctly answer your question, please accept the answer by clicking Accept below it (you'll see it when you're logged on). If an answer doesn't help, feel free to ask for more help or wait for other forum users to add their comments and/or answers.

Whenever an accepted answer helps you, please vote it up using the up arrow on the right. This helps other forum users by giving them confidence in an answer.

Archived