Not understanding how to point a SqSp domain to another site

I transferred my www.brownstudy.info domain from InMotion Hosting to SqSp on Thursday.

I want to point that domain to a micro.blog site and then repurpose my SqSp area for a new domain.

1. Should brownstudy.info be the Primary domain when I point to the other site? Or should it be non-Primary?

2. I would like to drop the "www." but this can only be done from the Primary domain. Should I drop the www., then wait 24 hours for the new name to propagate, before pointing to the other site? And again, should that be done with the domain Primary?

1. I tried doing this the other day and got very confused; I was likely pressing too many buttons at once. I had dropped the "www", made the domain non-primary, and added an A record pointing to the other site. I deleted the default SqSp DNS settings, also. At that point, of course, the site went offline but I could not get the other site to "see" the domain. Did I do something wrong, should I have waited?

Thanks for any help. I'm prepared to contact SqSP support directly if that's more appropriate.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived