Is there a way to get rid off or increase the 128,000 character limit in Custom CSS?

Heya,

On the Squarespace website I created many of the pages are CSS customized.I wanted to add another page and create a custom CSS for it but I can't save it as a red notification showed up at the bottom of the screen saying "Too much CSS, delete before proceeding".This limitation would stop me from populating the website.

I have a Squarespace Business Plan.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Views 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.I only used block IDs when necessary. In the custom CSS that I have, I have loads of "@media only screen" for responsive screens and with the various prefixes for different browsers like for flex and transitions.

Cheers!

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.I only used block IDs when necessary. In the custom CSS that I have, I have loads of "@media only screen" for responsive screens and with the various prefixes for different browsers like for flex and transitions.

Cheers!

@Chadikoy - One possibility might be to write your CSS in an external editor and upload the file as a link on your site (in any link on a page, I just tried it with a text link on an unlinked page). Then, copy the link to the file and set up a normal

<link rel="stylesheet" href="the-link-you-copied">

in your header code injection in the advanced settings.

Archived