Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Chadikoy

Is there a way to get rid off or increase the 128,000 character limit in Custom CSS?

Question

Posted (edited)

Heya,

On the Squarespace website I created many of the pages are CSS customized.I wanted to add another page and create a custom CSS for it but I can't save it as a red notification showed up at the bottom of the screen saying "Too much CSS, delete before proceeding".This limitation would stop me from populating the website.

I have a Squarespace Business Plan.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Edited by Chadikoy
Initial Revision

6 answers to this question

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.I only used block IDs when necessary. In the custom CSS that I have, I have loads of "@media only screen" for responsive screens and with the various prefixes for different browsers like for flex and transitions.

Cheers!

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.I only used block IDs when necessary. In the custom CSS that I have, I have loads of "@media only screen" for responsive screens and with the various prefixes for different browsers like for flex and transitions.

Cheers!

@Chadikoy - One possibility might be to write your CSS in an external editor and upload the file as a link on your site (in any link on a page, I just tried it with a text link on an unlinked page). Then, copy the link to the file and set up a normal

<link rel="stylesheet" href="the-link-you-copied">

in your header code injection in the advanced settings.

HI Daniel,

Thanks for this suggestion and for your time.I'll try it out and update you after I implemented it.

Have a nice day ahead!

HI Daniel,

Thanks for this suggestion and for your time.I'll try it out and update you after I implemented it.

Have a nice day ahead!

Hi @danieljs

I've tried your suggestion but the background-image: url("link to the image"); disappeared.I've uploaded all the background images of each page in Manage custom files at the Design Section.

Any idea why?