Banner issues using Harris template

Hello,

Just created a site using the Harris template. I currently have 2 issues with the default home page banner portion of the template:

1. I'm unable to remove the home page 'Page Title' text... which mean text still shows on top of my banner image. I currently have it set to just a period so it's small... but still visible. How can I remove or hide this home page 'Page title' text?

2. The graphic I uploaded for the banner is not responsive. Can you please let me know the exact banner specs for this template that will make the banner completely responsive so that it looks good on mobile?

Thanks!Chris

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For reference, here's my site: mowersandblowers.net

On the home page banner, you'll see a very small red dot... this is text from the 'Page Title' which I have not been able to remove or hide... so simply have the smallest character, period, there for now. Would love to know how to hide or remove this page title text showing on top of the banner.

And, when I post a banner with some text in the middle, it's not responsive... to the text in the middle (that looks great on desktop) does not resize for mobile (so goes beyond the width of a mobile screen).

And, lastly, as I've seen other people post, I'd love to know how to change the height of this banner... it's quite tall on mobile.

Thanks in advance to all who may have recommendations for these!

Chris

@ckoszuta Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

.homepage h1.page-title {
   display: none !important;
}

and change banner height

@media screen and (max-width:640px) {
.homepage .page-banner-wrapper.page-banner-has-image {
   height: 100px !important;
}
}

Reference: https://beaverhero.com/harris-squarespace

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived