Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Brak87

One link on my Contact page is bold ... But it shouldn't be!

Question

In order to use Font Awesome and some embded forms/widgets, I placed most of my content in custom code blocks on my Contact page. For some reason, links in custom code blocks don't inherit link styling (which is something I noticed a lot of other users saying, and something Squarespace should really look into) so I was forced to apply even more custom code to correct this. All is well except for the first link ... It's bold and shouldn't be. My custom CSS class calls for the font style to be normal. The other links using this class are displaying just fine, so it's making me a little crazy that this lone link isn't responding to instructions, lol. Here's the page in question: http://www.waywardexchange.com/contact . Any help is appreciated!

Edited by Brak87
It was the period. Link should work now.

4 answers to this question

@Brak87 you mean: info@wayward....?

Your CSS should be

.contact-links {
   font-family: work sans;
   font-style: normal;
   text-decoration: underline;
   color: #ed0c5f;
   font-weight: normal;
}

Send me a message if you have any questions (free 10 minutes).

4000+ free code: Adirondack - Avenue - Brine - Bedford - and more (all 7.0 template & 7.1)

Useful guide: How to share url (trial plan) - 2 languages site - 3 languages

Plugins: Product Enquiry Form - Product Color/Image Swatch VariantLightbox Anything

Learn CSS Basic: Treehouse - W3Schools - Flexbox

Other groups: SS Customization Resource Group - SS CSS Support - SS Community

Yes! Thank you so much @tuanphan! Such a simple fix, worked like a charm. It's still interesting to me why I was getting two different outcomes with the same class, but that's another issue for another day I suppose. All that matters is that it is now fixed. I so appreciate your help!

@Brak87 At first you don't use font-weight, so the link in that position inherits the parent's font-weight. Its father is

Font weight of fa.fa-envelope is 900 (bold). (700, 800, 900 is bold)

Send me a message if you have any questions (free 10 minutes).

4000+ free code: Adirondack - Avenue - Brine - Bedford - and more (all 7.0 template & 7.1)

Useful guide: How to share url (trial plan) - 2 languages site - 3 languages

Plugins: Product Enquiry Form - Product Color/Image Swatch VariantLightbox Anything

Learn CSS Basic: Treehouse - W3Schools - Flexbox

Other groups: SS Customization Resource Group - SS CSS Support - SS Community

Thanks so much for the explanation! I always love to learn the ins and outs and understand why things work the way they do. Much appreciated!