• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
seanconroy

How to hide image title on Wells Gallery

Question

Hi all,

I'm looking to hide the title (and maybe the description) of the images in my gallery pages so that I can better use the alt tags.

I'm using the Wells Theme and I have about 100 images across 4 galleries. I am ranking poorly in my local area and I want to improve this.

I don't think anyone wants to read 'photo of model X at Deadly Studios, Dublin. She is looking away from the camera with red and green lighting illuminating her face.' etc.

Any advice?I've seen other solutions, but none have worked for me so far. I'm assuming I need a code workaround?

Many thanks, Sean

Edited by seanconroy
Initial Revision

9 answers to this question

Thank you - that works a treat.The only downside is that on desktop, there's a white box that appears where thte text should be.

I can't seem to turn this off in the settings.

Thanks for your help so far - honestly, it's really appreciated - but is there anything I can do about this?

Many thanks, Sean

alt text

2019-08-03.jpg.8d4c0de1d428360882582883255b291d.jpg

@seanconroy Did you solve? I can't find title or description in that link. Just images...

If you haven't resolved, can you take screenshot of title what you want to remove?

COVID-19Free priority support for all users (29/03 - 30/04). You can tag me (@tuanphan) or send to my email.

With paid support, see here

@seanconroy Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

/* Hide Green Title */
.collection-type-gallery .slide-meta-wrapper .image-title {
   visibility: hidden;
}
/* Hide Black Date */
.collection-type-gallery .slide-meta-wrapper .image-desc {
   visibility: hidden;
}

see how to insert code to Custom CSS: https://beaverhero.com/squarespace-how-to/#HowtoInsertCustomCSS

Some CSS for Wells: https://beaverhero.com/squarespace-all-css/

COVID-19Free priority support for all users (29/03 - 30/04). You can tag me (@tuanphan) or send to my email.

@seanconroy You're welcome. You can click Accept Answer if it worked. Other members can use it.

--We do not receive anything from Squarespace when answering the question here. You can click Up vote, a little fun for those who answered questions.