Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Question

Posted (edited)

I'm not super computer savvy but I would like to be able to add code my website so that someone can't come and copy and paste all of my text. Any ideas? Suggestions? Thank you.

Cheryl

Edited by CounselorCheryl
Initial Revision

3 answers to this question

This simply isn’t possible. If your content is available on the internet, it can be copied. Of course it shouldn’t be copied - if you wrote the content, you own the copyright.

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital

Let me try to provide some additional detail. It isn't technically possible to prevent someone copying text on a website (any website).

The websites you've seen will be deploying some measures to make it appear that text cannot be copied.

For example, you could prevent visitors from selecting text on a page, or block the 'copy' command when they try to copy to the clipboard. However, these measures are just small obstacles and won't prevent anyone with technical knowledge from copying the text.

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital