Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Changing the font color in comments box

Aptlafayette

Question

The font to leave comments within my Blog is invisible because the Body Text is set to white (which I want to keep white on the rest of the site).

I have read that this can be resolved with the following strip of code:.comment-input { color: #000000 !important; }

But I’m wondering where I put it in the code?

Thank you!

Edited by Aptlafayette
Initial Revision
  • Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Can you share link to blog post?

5 answers to this question

Thanks for the lead, @tuanphan, unfortunately I cannot seem to get it to stick with Rally template.

Same issue as @Aptlafayette, white body font turns text in white comment box invisible and would hate to change the global body font color

1 hour ago, BureauSF said:

Thanks for the lead, @tuanphan, unfortunately I cannot seem to get it to stick with Rally template.

Same issue as @Aptlafayette, white body font turns text in white comment box invisible and would hate to change the global body font color

Can you share link to blog post?

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks, @tuanphan here is a link to blog in question

I already turned the white body font to a light grey for some contrast in comment box, but ideally would like to target comment box font color only.

Update: looks like I found the workaround:

/* comment box font color */
.squarespace-comments .new-comment-area { color: #000000 !important; }

/* comment preview font color */
.squarespace-comments .comment-btn-wrapper .btn-text { color: #000000 !important; }

Edited by BureauSF
found solution