Change padding around site title, tag line, navigation

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

Hi -- on my home page www.jaapw.com I'm trying to: 1. align the text of title, tagline and navigation with the image block below it (left + right side); 2. increase padding above the site title; and 3. reduce padding between site title and tag line.

If anyone has CSS code for these, would love to use it, thanks a lot.

Edited by JWny2019

Thanks a lot @tuanphan. Got the title and tag line padding to work with your code.

As for alignment on HOME https://www.jaapw.com/: - looking to align title and tag line left with left end of image block - navigation to align right with right end of image of image block - padding between images in image block should stay same

Same as on https://www.jaapw.com/work but somehow cant get it to work on HOME.

Thanks again for your awesome help.

• Solution

@JWny2019

.Header-inner {
   padding-left: 10px;
   padding-right: 10px;
}

Do you want to disable click when hovering over an image? Or change the mouse pointer icon when hovering over the image?

Click Accept Answer if it worked. Other members can use it!

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

"Do you want to disable click when hovering over an image? Or change the mouse pointer icon when hovering over the image?" -- thanks, I'm actually not looking to change this.

On the home page all I'm trying to do is increase padding on the left and right outside of the image block, in order to have the block shrink a bit and align with the title/tagline on the left and navigation on the right. I'd like to the margins between the images inside the image block stay the same (3px).

Hi @tuanphan -- is there a way to make the www.jaapw.com home page padding you shared show only on desktop, not mobile? The alignment on mobile is a bit off now. Also -- and I know I've been asking you for A LOT -- if you have a way to make the navigation hamburger on mobile align top right (at the same level as the mobile page tile, that would be awesome. Thank you very much for your help. You're amazing!

• 1 year later...

Hi, I am trying to have the my header space lateral margin be different than the general site margins. or my Index page side margins independent.

I am trying to make the lateral padding larger for my index page, but at the same time I don't want my header links to go on two lines, I want them to always stay in one line. 

I have been looking for code injections. so far all I found don't work.

can anyone help? 

https://pear-papaya-hg5t.squarespace.com/selected-work

pass: leonardo

On 4/9/2021 at 4:26 PM, vcampaner said:

Hi, I am trying to have the my header space lateral margin be different than the general site margins. or my Index page side margins independent.

I am trying to make the lateral padding larger for my index page, but at the same time I don't want my header links to go on two lines, I want them to always stay in one line. 

I have been looking for code injections. so far all I found don't work.

can anyone help? 

https://pear-papaya-hg5t.squarespace.com/selected-work

pass: leonardo

Add to Design > Custom CSS

div#gridThumbs {
    padding-left: 5vw;
    padding-right: 5vw;
}

Or send to forum message

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
7 hours ago, dianevaq said:

Hi,

I am having a related issue. How can I fix the alignment of my Site Title with my main Navigation links? They are both set to the same font style and font size. But they do not align evenly. It seems my Site Title has it's own padding that I'd like to remove.

https://www.dianevaquerano.com/

pass: DIANE112022

Can you describe in more detail? It looks fine to me

Or send to forum message

On 11/12/2022 at 3:49 AM, tuanphan said:

Can you describe in more detail? It looks fine to me

This is what I see on my end, please see attached. 

"DIANE" is the site title and it's not aligned with "Drawings, Info" which is the Navigation links. They are the same font and font size. I'm not sure how to fix this? Is there a pre-set padding on a Site Title that I need to remove?

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 5.25.41 PM.png

10 hours ago, dianevaq said:

This is what I see on my end, please see attached. 

"DIANE" is the site title and it's not aligned with "Drawings, Info" which is the Navigation links. They are the same font and font size. I'm not sure how to fix this? Is there a pre-set padding on a Site Title that I need to remove?

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 5.25.41 PM.png

I see you used custom font, try remove font & check again

Remove this code from CSS box

.header-title *, .header-title-text * {
    font-family: 'Dahlia';
    font-size: 110px;
    letter-spacing: 0px;
    padding-top: 0px !important;
}

Or send to forum message

On 11/14/2022 at 3:34 AM, tuanphan said:

I see you used custom font, try remove font & check again

Remove this code from CSS box

.header-title *, .header-title-text * {
    font-family: 'Dahlia';
    font-size: 110px;
    letter-spacing: 0px;
    padding-top: 0px !important;
}

Okay, but I would like to use a custom font. I would like the Site Title and Navigation links to be in the Dahlia font I put in. And for all the text to be aligned top. That doesn't work with custom fonts?

I removed and re-added code. It still doesn't align. Currently the header title code is removed and now it's at the default font.

On 11/16/2022 at 9:19 AM, dianevaq said:

Okay, but I would like to use a custom font. I would like the Site Title and Navigation links to be in the Dahlia font I put in. And for all the text to be aligned top. That doesn't work with custom fonts?

I removed and re-added code. It still doesn't align. Currently the header title code is removed and now it's at the default font.

Just want to check to see if removing font will fix problem or not.

You can restore the custom font, then we can try some margin padding code to align them

Or send to forum message

On 11/19/2022 at 9:40 PM, tuanphan said:

Just want to check to see if removing font will fix problem or not.

You can restore the custom font, then we can try some margin padding code to align them

Ah thank you. I figured it out! 🙂

I had to remove the css code-font size I inputed for both Site Title & Navigation. So it would revert back to the website's template default font sizes. Then went into Site Styles>Assign Styles> Site Title or Site Navigation and set them both to the same font size desired there.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 2:27 AM, akovach said:

hi I am trying to push my site title to the right (to increase margin on left side), but I can't figure out how too. I've tried the padding css thing but it only works on the other side. thanks!! @tuanphan

Hi,

What is your site url? We can help easier

Or send to forum message

• 2 months later...