Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
ashwithey

If I give up my domain, can I reclaim it in the future if noone has taken it?

Posted (edited)

If I give up my domain, can I reclaim it in the future if noone has taken it? I want to stop paying for my domain and website for the time being but in the future, may want to start it up again with the same website address. If no one has taken that web address (domain), will I be able to have it again?

Thanks,

Ash

Edited by ashwithey
Initial Revision

I am a freelance web designer and I have created at least 100 websites for different types of businesses and clients. So, I believe I am in a better position to answer your question accurately as I deal with domain names on a day-to-day basis. Well, technically the answer to your question is a yes. If nobody registers the exact same domain name with same tld extension then of course, you can register it again in the future as it will be made available by your domain registrar shortly after the validity expires. Well, if you want to learn how to create a website completely free of cost then there are plenty of genuine and well-written articles that you can follow. I will be glad to assist you in this regards.