WhatsApp Icon in "Social Links"

• Replies 19
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you need to add through custom html and css.... whatsup not in this.

Hi, I'm BITTU. A website developer with 10 years experience with Squarespace. if you need help and work with me email me here :- mandeepsquarespace@gmail.com

Best Hourly Rate :- $15 Per Hour

through code block .. upload whatsup icon image in custom css box. then copy that url and add image and whatsup number.

Hi, I'm BITTU. A website developer with 10 years experience with Squarespace. if you need help and work with me email me here :- mandeepsquarespace@gmail.com

Best Hourly Rate :- $15 Per Hour

Update from Squarespace Support:

"As it seems you've discovered, we don't currently offer that feature, but I'd be happy to suggest it to our development team on your behalf. While we can't guarantee implementation of every suggestion, customer feedback is an important part of how we continue to improve our platform, so we appreciate your input.

Although we can't disclose information about upcoming product releases, we are actively developing the platform to provide the best customer experience."

Let's see what happens next, in the meantime, yes, one should implement the logo manually like @mdhanjal suggested :)

• 5 months later...
On 7/29/2019 at 10:25 AM, onlineKarma said:

Update from Squarespace Support:

"As it seems you've discovered, we don't currently offer that feature, but I'd be happy to suggest it to our development team on your behalf. While we can't guarantee implementation of every suggestion, customer feedback is an important part of how we continue to improve our platform, so we appreciate your input.

Although we can't disclose information about upcoming product releases, we are actively developing the platform to provide the best customer experience."

Let's see what happens next, in the meantime, yes, one should implement the logo manually like @mdhanjal suggested 🙂

Still waiting for the Whatsapp Icon... it shouldn't be that difficult to add, and it will provide a lot of benefits! Please, @squarespace support. we are begging for it! 

• 4 weeks later...

It's been over a year by now and I agree with @Caballero that it shouldn't be such a big deal to implement an icon... Anyone has any idea when we can expect the update?

WhatsApp is the second largest Social Media in the World and has approx. 1 bio users... It should really be treated with higher relevancy than providing "IMDb" or "VSCO" Icons...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 7:03 AM, onlineKarma said:

Unfortunately the Icon for WhatsApp is missing in the "Social Links" of Squarespace. Can Squarespace kindly add it? Currently only a "URL" symbol shows instead of the WhatsApp Icon.

alt text

social-icons.png.1e2ee22b12f28df12cad119bb97c003d.png

I think square-space staff update it soon. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are having the same situation here. Was glad we found this thread, but left disappointed so far. Hope someone can share their knowledge how to do the coding. Thanks very much. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 5:20 AM, GreenviewBIA said:

We are having the same situation here. Was glad we found this thread, but left disappointed so far. Hope someone can share their knowledge how to do the coding. Thanks very much. 

On 4/18/2020 at 8:50 AM, RyanGusde said:

Please @Squarespace! Add this to the website please. Like many have mentioned above, it probably doesn't require a lot of coding!

4 hours ago, CarolinaRato said:

yes! @SQUARESPACE add whatsapp as an social link!! it's an important thing for us who have an online shop!! 

@squarespace is normal member... you can tag admin, ss employee ☠️

You can add "link" icon, then we can use CSS to replace "link" with "whatsapp" icon.

You can create first, then share link, I can take a look

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

I believe that this is today one of the mishaps that costs Squarespace a lot ... in countries like India, Brazil, Indonesia, Colombia, Portugal, Spain, Italy and even the USA, which is currently the 3rd in the list of users of the application there must be thousands of customers who give up subscribing to Squarespace just for this reason. Here in Portugal is the first question from the people that I present Squarespace, always!
Whatsapp is the world's largest messaging app and all of Squarespace's competition has this option for customers, we don't have to wait a lifetime for this and limit our business possibilities ... they have to take a look at this topic and we have to open more complaints.

If it wasn't that dead serious, it is almost funny that a modern company like Squarespace doesn't support social sharing by mail or by WhatsApp in 2020!!

Come on Squarespace, it shouldn't be that difficult for you. When can we expect????

Archived