Calling Order Information on Customer Order Confirmation Page

I've created a custom order confirmation page for my using the code injection feature to redirect purchase confirmations to this new page, but I cannot figure out how to display basic order information on this new page. The HTML I'm using is below. I thought these tags would pull the referenced information:

=========================

<h1>Order Confirmed</h1>

<p>Order Number: <strong>{orderId}</strong></p>

<p>Your order of <strong>{orderGrandTotal}</strong> at Illuman New Mexico has been confirmed. A confirmation has been sent to you at <strong>{customerEmailAddress} </strong>.</p>

=========================

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can only access the six tags on the Order Confirmation Page:

{orderId} – The unique ID of the confirmed order

{orderSubtotal} – The subtotal of the confirmed order

{orderSubtotalCents} – The subtotal of the confirmed order, in cents

{orderGrandTotal} – The grand total of the confirmed order

{orderGrandTotalCents} – The grand total of the confirmed order, in cents

{customerEmailAddress} – The customer's email address, as it was entered in the "Billing Info" section

Much more data is available in the page JSON (customer details, tax information, shipping information and so on) but for some strange reason Squarespace do not make this data available using tags.

It won't make any difference in the short term, but you can raise a feature request for more data to be available by contacting Squarespace Customer Care here. Do explain the reasons behind your request so they can understand the benefits and whether they will help a large number of users.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

@Paul2009

Thanks for your response... I also saw this information posted above on the Code Injection section of the Squarespace Advanced Settings. If I'm understanding correctly, it seems these variables can only be called on the "official" Squarespace Order Confirmation Page, not the one I've created and to which I'm redirecting completed orders. If so, I can accept that. Otherwise, I'd love if someone has some sample code for calling these variables on a custom order confirmation page.

Thanks again for you time and expertise.

@Paul2009

Thanks for your response... I also saw this information posted above on the Code Injection section of the Squarespace Advanced Settings. If I'm understanding correctly, it seems these variables can only be called on the "official" Squarespace Order Confirmation Page, not the one I've created and to which I'm redirecting completed orders. If so, I can accept that. Otherwise, I'd love if someone has some sample code for calling these variables on a custom order confirmation page.

@Paul2009

@Paul2009

Perhaps I misunderstand the question. Can you explain a little about WHY you are trying to modify the page and WHAT you need to achieve this?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

@Paul2009 - I'm modifying the confirmation page simply to add additional information and links that would be relevant to the purchaser. The website is for a nonprofit which holds male spirituality events. After submitting a deposit, we want also want to help redirect registrants back to other resources. Many of the men using this website will be over 60 years of age and do not find it so easy to navigate the Web.

• 1 year later...

Hi! I'm trying to link up squarespace and trust pilot - 

I'd like to also push through the Customer Name, however I can't see that it is possible? Does anybody now what the {customerEmailAddress} equivalent would be please? Would be very grateful if anybody could tell me!

1 hour ago, Emma2893 said:

I'd like to also push through the Customer Name, however I can't see that it is possible?

There are currently six fields available to code on the order confirmation page. Customer Name isn't one of them.

The fields are:

• {orderId} – The unique ID of the confirmed order
  • {orderSubtotal} – The subtotal of the confirmed order
  • {orderSubtotalCents} – The subtotal of the confirmed order, in cents
  • {orderGrandTotal} – The grand total of the confirmed order
  • {orderGrandTotalCents} – The grand total of the confirmed order, in cents
  • {customerEmailAddress} – The customer's email address, as it was entered in the "Billing Info" section

Archived