Can anyone make a switch to toggle between light and dark mode like Apple's feature?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Screenful said:

Hey @inunzi, could you please share the code here so that other people could find it from the google search?

Yes! I found this article online, and I would hope that it works in your favor. I haven’t tried to add this on my site yet, so I’m not sure about the results at the moment, but it’s worth a try. Here is the url:https://henryegloff.com/how-to-code-a-simple-dark-mode-toggle/

Let me know if it works for you. 
thank you!🙂

Edited by inunzi
  • 1 year later...

New Dark Mode plugin released

In case anyone is interested I've made a (paid) Dark Mode Plugin for Squarespace

It's currently the best plugin available.

It has automatic mode and a manual button. It doesn't have a flash of white like other plugins. Easy to customise, has nice animations and you can even upload a dark version of your logo. It's not free, but I've spent over 2 months coding it to be nearly perfect. 1-on-1 support included.

Blog Post

I've also written a blog post on Medium.com Squarespace Dark Mode – Ultimate guide

Free tutorials

How to Add Dark Mode & Light Mode Toggle to your Squarespace Website by Squarestylist
This popular video is 100% free. Video takes 15 minutes, has a lot of manual work. Some comments say it doesn’t work on mobile (or at all) and some sections don’t turn dark. 

How to Implement Dark Mode via Custom CSS on Squarespace by worldsepsisday.org
This tutorial will make a simple automatic dark mode (no button) for Squarespace 7.0. 

Dark mode tutorial by Michaen Henry
Unfortunately this website has now expired 😞

Edited by codeandtonic

Freelance Squarespace developer making plugins like Full-Width Blocks, Hover effects for grid gallery and the Darkmode plugin. I know Squarespace inside out and I'm able to solve pretty much any Squarespace code problem.

Get in touch here!