Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
hodakkm

Why is there extra white space at the top of this markdown table?

Question

Toward the bottom of www.ourhumanherds.com, I have an HTML table with a lot of extra white space above it. When I view the first part of the table in the Squarespace editor, it looks like this:

</style>

<table>
<tr>
   <th><b>Questions about</b></th>   
   <th id="mind1"><b>Moral Mind 1</b></th>    
   <th id="mind2"><b>Moral Mind 2</b></th>
</tr>
<tr>

But when I view the source from a browser, there are all those extra br tags. It's obviously the br tags that are causing the unwanted white space, but where are they coming from?

</style>

<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><table data-preserve-html-node="true">
<tbody><tr data-preserve-html-node="true">
   <th data-preserve-html-node="true"><b data-preserve-html-node="true">Questions about</b></th>    <th data-preserve-html-node="true" id="mind1"><b data-preserve-html-node="true">Moral Mind 1</b></th>    <th data-preserve-html-node="true" id="mind2"><b data-preserve-html-node="true">Moral Mind 2</b></th>
</tr>

Thanks,Kevin

Edited by hodakkm
Initial Revision

7 answers to this question

Doesn't seem to make a difference. I also lose some of the formatting if I get rid of the extra line or move the table tag right next to the closing style one. But text typed there does show at the top.

ss-4.png.476acddf9af86e5e7ca9be6c7a63f02e.png

ss-5.png.3f750ff40712bb454708e42325355e00.png

That did the trick! I also see how I can use the div id to use the same approach for a couple of other tables on other pages.

Thanks for the help on this.