Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
nsmargolis

Editing for index page has disappeared

Posted (edited)

I've been editing my site www.meridianacademy.org these past few weeks. I've add some custom javascript and css and now when I went to work on the new index page I seem to no longer be able to edit it. I know that custom code can have this effect, but does this mean I have to remove the code every time I want to edit the page or can someone see something specific I can adjust? Thank you!

Edited by nsmargolis
Initial Revision

Remove the code and see if the issue resolves itself. If it does, you'll need to fix the code before you add it again.

If the fault persists when there is no code installed, contact Squarespace Customer Care. You can reach out to them here.

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital

Posted (edited)

Thanks @Paul2009--I removed code chunk by chunk and found that the culprit was

squarespace:script src="plugin.js" combo="true"squarespace:script src="site.js" combo="true"

which I had injected in header and footer in order to run javascript.

Now I've only got

script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1/jquery.min.js"

to activate javascript and things seem to be working fine.

Any thoughts on where not having

squarespace:script src="plugin.js" combo="true"squarespace:script src="site.js" combo="true"

could cause problems?

Edited by nsmargolis
Initial Revision

How do you solve this if the code that is "breaking" it all is actually within the same page you are unable to edit? 
That seems to be the case for me, but since the Edit sidebar is gone, I can't get in there to delete the code (if that is the issue at all)..