Changing Product Pricing using Javascript

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this question related to this one? - Customising a Product

It will help if you can provide a working link to the site and a table of the way pricing works. Without those it's difficult for the community to understand the context or to consider possible solutions.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

@Paul2009 Yes the questions are related, I created this question to give clearer details on my requirement. Here is working link https://www.myflexframe.com/shop/flexframe-dr285
Please enter values in the width, height inputs. You can see the price text[without $ sign] below the product price, updates which is calculated price from my script. Also the variant dropdown values change, but the [actual]price is not updating. When you click Add to Cart it shows alert to select height, width which are already changed through script.

Edited by thysquarespace
Initial Revision

@Paul2009 Yes the questions are related, I created this question to give clearer details on my requirement. Here is working link https://www.myflexframe.com/shop/flexframe-dr285
Please enter values in the width, height inputs. You can see the price text[without $ sign] below the product price, updates which is calculated price from my script. Also the variant dropdown values change, but the [actual]price is not updating. When you click Add to Cart it shows alert to select height, width which are already changed through script.

You won't be able to programmatically change the actual price because it is fixed but one solution would be to add variants for different areas, calculate the area (based on user input) and then select the nearest variant, thus changing the price to match that variant's pricing.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

You won't be able to programmatically change the actual price because it is fixed @Paul2009 Ok, got it. But this
is a variable product. So I am already getting user input (enter 7,7 for width, height) > calculating nearest variant > updating the variant in product dropdown (updates 9,9 for width, height dropdown) based on that.

What is not working is after the values change on dropdown, the price is not changing. But if I change the values on dropdown manually the price changes. You can check the same on the above link. So all I need to do is to trigger the price change [call the function?] but unable to do so.

• 1 year later...

you need to update the product-variants element dataset

var productEl = document.querySelector(".product-variants");
var productDataset = productEl.dataset;
var variants = JSON.parse(productDataset.variants);
productDataset.variantInStock = "true";
productDataset.unselectedOptions = "[]";
// this will select the first variant. change this to whatever logic you have to select the right variant
productDataset.selectedVariant = JSON.stringify(variants[0]);

• 8 months later...