Where is image name coming from?!

Hi! I have a website with squarespace, and I added a summary page recently. Every image from my summary page somehow has my full name on it, which is searchable by Google. I do not have my full name anywhere on the website, so I have no idea where this is coming from that a search of my first and last name brings people to these images.... I work in a corporate environment, and my website is a hobby. If I hadn't paid for a full year I'd delete the entire thing out of privacy concerns, though I hate to do that if there is just a way to get my name off these images! Here is a link to the page all the images to you to, again, I see my name nowhere. https://littlewidow.com/readingsThank you so much in advance for your help!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, sorry. One of the summary pages is littlewidow.com/readings2. I deleted a few of the pictures but the rest are still there... they are the photos that show under the thumbnail Option in the regular Readings post if I go in to edit, it pulls them from there. The Aviation template doesn't allow you to format certain ways so I created the Summary pages as a not linked page that the others pull from per a suggestion on the help pages. I can just delete this, but I'd still like to know where the name is coming from so I don't make this mistake again elsewhere on this site or another.

And I see that I can't even navigate to that page, so I don't know how to direct you. If I google myself, this is another image that comes up, and the link leads to this pagehttps://littlewidow.com/free-association/tag/The+SunI see my name nowhere, so I don't know what I'm missing. Thanks

Hey Dena

When you create an account on Squarespace, it prompts you for your personal details including your name. When you create a blog post, it uses this name as the 'author' by default.

All posts must have an author and although you can choose to hide the author name (in Site Styles > Blog Styles > check Hide Author) this doesn't remove the author name from the page, it just hides it. Search engines will still see this metadata.

To avoid your name appearing, you can add a Basic Author. A basic author is a name you can assign to a blog post but isn't connected to a contributor account. For example, you could add one with your first name or company name. You can add as many basic authors as you want. Next, edit each post.

Click the blog post, and then click Edit. (If you open the blog post editor via page annotations instead, click Settings in the top-right corner.)

In the Options tab, click the Author drop-down menu.

Choose from the list of names that you've added to your site.

Save the post.

Note that it will take some time for the search engines to crawl your site again and see the changes, so it may be a while before your name no longer appears in search results.

I hope this helps.

-Paul

Squarespace Expert & Professional Developer

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...
On 7/14/2019 at 1:52 AM, paul2009 said:

Hey Dena

When you create an account on Squarespace, it prompts you for your personal details including your name. When you create a blog post, it uses this name as the 'author' by default.

All posts must have an author and although you can choose to hide the author name (in Site Styles > Blog Styles > check Hide Author) this doesn't remove the author name from the page, it just hides it. Search engines will still see this metadata.

To avoid your name appearing, you can add a Basic Author. A basic author is a name you can assign to a blog post but isn't connected to a contributor account. For example, you could add one with your first name or company name. You can add as many basic authors as you want. Next, edit each post.

Click the blog post, and then click Edit. (If you open the blog post editor via page annotations instead, click Settings in the top-right corner.)

In the Options tab, click the Author drop-down menu.

Choose from the list of names that you've added to your site.

Save the post.

Note that it will take some time for the search engines to crawl your site again and see the changes, so it may be a while before your name no longer appears in search results.

I hope this helps.

-Paul

Squarespace Expert & Professional Developer

Is it possible to add 2 authors to a single article/post?

Not using the built-in tools, no.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived