Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
aislinfall

How can I remove the navigation sidebar from certain pages?

Question

Posted (edited)

Can you remove the navigation sidebar from certain pages without premium ability to add CSS to individual pages?

Edited by Paul2009

8 answers to this question

@aislinfall Each Page will have different page ID (body#collection....)

To remove the navigation sidebar from certain pages,

First, you need to find page ID. See how to: https://beaverhero.com/squarespace-how-to/#HowtoFindPageID

Then, use CSS (Home > Design > Custom CSS).

/* Remove Nav Contact Page */
/* Remove Main Nav */
body#collection-5cc397d4c830255be29a27fc nav#mainNavigation {
  display: none !important;
}
/* Remove Secondary Nav */
body#collection-5cc397d4c830255be29a27fc nav#mainNavigation nav#secondaryNavigation {
}

CSS isn't a premium feature. You can use it on all sites.

Whether or not you can remove the sidebar will depend on the site configuration and template. For specific help, please provide a working link to your site.

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital

Code Injection is indeed a premium feature, but you don't need to use this to add CSS to a specific page. In fact, it is considered poor practice to do this nowadays.

As @tuanphan explains below, Custom CSS can easily target specific pages by using 'Collection IDs' - unique IDs that Squarespace creates for each page on the platform.

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital

@aislinfall

/* Remove Logo Contact Page */
body#collection-5cc397d4c830255be29a27fc .logo.image {
}

and there is "Accept Answer" button. Other members can know CSS worked. And they can use it.