Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Andyjk

Centering text using Markdown - how?

Question

I'm using the Basil template, and need to centre text using Markdown for a single section of an Index page.

I've referred to other posts and used their suggestions, but they are not working. it is likely to be something small that I'm doing wrong.

I'd be really grateful for help please. I've copied & pasted my Markdown below, and attached a colour screenshot of the same.

<strong>Win A Free Engagement Session!</strong>

Many thanks for any help!

screenshot-2019-07-11-at-163430.png.692d411dd019c631ab79b45ec2820e37.png

Edited by Paul2009

3 answers to this question

Markdown doesn't have a centering option so you need to revert to using the old (now obsolete) HTML center tags or better still, inline styles. You'll find full details here:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/center

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm currently booked until the middle of April 2020.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension are now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.

Markdown doesn't have a centering option so you need to revert to using the old (now obsolete) HTML center tags or better still, inline styles. You'll find full details here:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/center

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm currently booked until the middle of April 2020.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension are now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.