Site Layout question

Dear all, I've came across the two (main) sites http://www.alexstrohl.com/photos and http://www.madebyfinn.com/travels. But unfortunately I struggle with recreating a site-style that looks like any of these two pages. the second one seems to be a blog-site. yes/no?but the first one - i cannot replicate. if I set an overview block pointing to a gallery it allows me 30 elements only. using a gallery block gives me the chance to show all elements of the gallery but unfortunately there is only the "grid" layout available with fixed spaces for each picture. there is no automatic adaption for landscape and portrait pics. so it shows unnecessary big white spaces. any ideas from the community? thank you in advance!best regards, christian

• Replies 3
  • Views 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two Squarespace sites you have quoted are using the Flatiron and the Avenue templates respectively.

The pages linked are both using standard Index features in these templates, not Summary Blocks. If you use one of these templates, it is pre-configured to show these views. You'll see them in the template demos I've linked above.

I hope that helps.

-Paul

Squarespace Expert & Professional Developer

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived