Disable banner video on mobile?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• 4 months later...
On 3/30/2022 at 10:41 AM, LUDLOW said:

@tuanphan

@paul2009

THE BAD:
However, now the fallback image is momentarily flashing on desktop before the video begins, which is very annoying and affects the final look. I understand that it's just a placeholder while the video loads, but it's an issue. 

THE SOLUTION?:

Ideally, I'd like to have this current fallback image continue to populate on any mobile as it is doing now. But I would like a plain black background (instead of the fallback image) to display on desktop while the video loads.

Alternatively for mobile to get a similar end result, perhaps we could implement a plain black fallback background but add a text overlay if there is a way to make the banner text transparent on desktop but visible on mobile.

The site is: https://arrowheadbrands.com. Please let me know if what I'm requesting is even possible or if there is something else you might suggest.

Thank you kindly,
Brent

@tuanphan @LUDLOW — I am having the same issue with the mobile fall back photo flashing on desktop before the video — were you able to resolve this issue?

7 hours ago, Hilco said:

@tuanphan @LUDLOW — I am having the same issue with the mobile fall back photo flashing on desktop before the video — were you able to resolve this issue?

Yup! From @tuanphan:

Try adding to Design > custom CSS

/* hide fallback image on desktop */
@media screen and (min-width:992px) {
body.homepage article section:first-child img {
    display: none !important;
}
}