I would like to change the space below a line block in Kent template

Guest cathampshire

There is too much space around the line block, especially below. It's making the site I'm working on too long, with too much scrolling. Can I change the spacing?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Line Blocks should have 17 pixels of padding above and below, just the same as every other Squarespace block. You can reduce this by adding some Custom CSS like this, but it isn't usually necessary:

.sqs-block-horizontalrule {
   padding-top: 1px;
   padding-bottom: 1px;
}

If the issue is more complex, please provide a link to the page on your site.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Line Blocks should have 17 pixels of padding above and below, just the same as every other Squarespace block. You can reduce this by adding some Custom CSS like this, but it isn't usually necessary:

.sqs-block-horizontalrule {
   padding-top: 1px;
   padding-bottom: 1px;
}

If the issue is more complex, please provide a link to the page on your site.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Guest cathampshire

Thanks very much. That's much better! Can you change the padding in text block too? There is too much space between heading styles (quote and author). See screen grab.

screen-shot-2019-07-08-at-132034.png.bc636720149113e5e64905b7fe916183.png

Guest cathampshire

Thanks very much. That's much better! Can you change the padding in text block too? There is too much space between heading styles (quote and author). See screen grab.

screen-shot-2019-07-08-at-132034.png.46191f5a6cd760cb291ce6ccfb43e674.png

Best to post new question and include a link to the page on the site. Screenshots aren't enough. If your site isn't live yet, set a site password and tell us what it is.

Archived