Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cathampshire

I would like to change the space below a line block in Kent template

Question

Posted (edited)

There is too much space around the line block, especially below. It's making the site I'm working on too long, with too much scrolling. Can I change the spacing?

Edited by cathampshire
Initial Revision

7 answers to this question

Line Blocks should have 17 pixels of padding above and below, just the same as every other Squarespace block. You can reduce this by adding some Custom CSS like this, but it isn't usually necessary:

.sqs-block-horizontalrule {
   padding-top: 1px;
   padding-bottom: 1px;
}

If the issue is more complex, please provide a link to the page on your site.

If anyone's response has helped you, show them some love by clicking 'Like' like.jpg.6f2856e82374ca8b5041fff9ee27eef4.jpg. If their response didn't help, ask for more help, or wait for users to chime in. 
Need more complex help than I can provide via the forum? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website.

Line Blocks should have 17 pixels of padding above and below, just the same as every other Squarespace block. You can reduce this by adding some Custom CSS like this, but it isn't usually necessary:

.sqs-block-horizontalrule {
   padding-top: 1px;
   padding-bottom: 1px;
}

If the issue is more complex, please provide a link to the page on your site.

If anyone's response has helped you, show them some love by clicking 'Like' like.jpg.6f2856e82374ca8b5041fff9ee27eef4.jpg. If their response didn't help, ask for more help, or wait for users to chime in. 
Need more complex help than I can provide via the forum? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website.

Thanks very much. That's much better! Can you change the padding in text block too? There is too much space between heading styles (quote and author). See screen grab.

screen-shot-2019-07-08-at-132034.png.bc636720149113e5e64905b7fe916183.png

Thanks very much. That's much better! Can you change the padding in text block too? There is too much space between heading styles (quote and author). See screen grab.

screen-shot-2019-07-08-at-132034.png.46191f5a6cd760cb291ce6ccfb43e674.png

Best to post new question and include a link to the page on the site. Screenshots aren't enough. If your site isn't live yet, set a site password and tell us what it is.