All-in-one style Music/Album Commerce Page?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to make a page where people can go to get a song/album and also on that page find lyrics, album credits, associated videos, listen to the song, etc. Would this best be done using a blank page and just adding blocks as needed for the content? If so, how would I create a product page at a top-level that would let people browse like a normal product page?

Hopefully that all makes sense! It's a little hard to describe but if you're looking for an example of what I'm trying to make, here's the model I'd like to use from Imogen Heap's website. It doesn't need to have the animations her site contains though. http://www.imogenheap.com/thequiet/

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have an answer for you on the squarespace platform, but i can tell you that your example is not built on Squarespace. It looks like a custom site built using Bootstrap.
What you are trying to do sounds like it could be done in Bandzoogle because bandzoogle has players that for each track in the player you can purchase an individual download, or you can purchase the entire album. So it would be fairly easy to make something like this happen there (because you could add each element - lyris, album credits, videos, player with option to purchase inidividual tracks or the whole album, etc- to a page), however, there are some downsides to bandzoogle. But take a look at this shop on my band's site to see how the players allow you to purchase or preview or set things to download for free (or for an email address): https://themoonshinemusic.rocks/shop#

The other option is bandcamp, which does exactly what you are looking for, however, I don't think you can have a custom url or anything of that sort there - I could be wrong - my husband manages our bandcamp account so im not super familiar with it, though i have heard the website builder they provide sucks.

Archived