Can I add orders manually

Is it possible to add orders manually to my order system, for example if someone emails/phones me or asks in person to order a product? Would be helpful to keep track of orders, stock levels and finances!

Edited by Elitestonetools
Initial Revision

Squarespace novice but trying!!

No, not yet. Make a feature request for this by contacting Squarespace Customer Care. You can reach out to them here.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I have requested this feature from Squarespace months ago. I'm quite surprised that manual order creation (as well as creating gift cards!) isn't a feature here when it's a feature in most e-commerce platforms.

Like @flatlander - I get around this by creating a 100% discount code + a free shipping code and ordering on behalf of my customer (who has already prepaid -- I would have sent them a Paypal invoice to complete their purchase). I use their email address so they will receive an order confirmation receipt.

@PrairieSchoolCoffee - with a 100% discount, you will not need to enter credit card info. You will simply enter the code when asked for credit card info and it will zero out the total. The order will go through without charges.

On 11/5/2019 at 3:44 PM, flatlander said:

My solution to adding non-web orders to Squarespace is to create a 100% discount code. Then create the order myself on the website, checking out using code.

Hope that helps someone.

I add a little piece to this workaround, I use this for cash on delivery or bank transfer orders. If you have an accounting service, 0$ orders could be a problem.

For that, I've created some custom SKUs named, for example, "Cash on Delivery Payment" and on my accounting software (mine is a Google Sheet) I've added a rule in order to get the real price from -(discount amount).

• 1 year later...

Disappointed. I need to manually create a new order for a customer, and just discovered I can't do that on Squarespace.  I could on Shopify, so now Im regretting making the move over to square space.  Who would of thought a e-commerce platform like Squarespace wouldn't have something so basic and helpful for small businesses. Ugh!

• 6 months later...

Unsure of the exact plan requirements/mechanisms - I use the basic ecommerce plan and can create a manual order using the Squarespace IOS app on my phone (not in my browser / computer). I can sign in, click "Commerce" and the "+" symbol. I then do what was suggested above, if it's a freebie, and do the 100% discount, which you can do without creating a special discount code since you're logged in as an admin in the app. I do believe this requires a Square account / set up, but this is part of the "unknown exact plan requirements / mechanisms" caveat above.

• 7 months later...
On 2/13/2023 at 3:25 PM, jessmurphy316 said:

Unsure of the exact plan requirements/mechanisms - I use the basic ecommerce plan and can create a manual order using the Squarespace IOS app on my phone (not in my browser / computer). I can sign in, click "Commerce" and the "+" symbol. I then do what was suggested above, if it's a freebie, and do the 100% discount, which you can do without creating a special discount code since you're logged in as an admin in the app. I do believe this requires a Square account / set up, but this is part of the "unknown exact plan requirements / mechanisms" caveat above.

THIS!! How can there be so much feature parity. I finally found this solution to "work", but very disappointed in the fact that I have to use a mobile-only app to do specific features. 

Mobile App --> "+" --> Start new transaction --> Success!!