3D Secure v2 Support (Commerce in Europe)

Hi,

Anyone know what SquareSpaces' plans are regarding 3D Secure v2 ?

This will be mandatory in Europe on 14th September and it doesn't look like the SquareSpace commerce offering supports it...?

Tried speaking to support but got the usual 'great idea - will pass it on to our product guys'.

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're absolutely right. Payment providers are working to be ready for PSD2 regulation in Europe that comes into effect on on September 14, 2019.

As an example, Stripe have already built a new rule for Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) and are working closely with their partners (like Squarespace) to be ready for SCA integration before September.

It's disappointing that you've received a standard response from Squarespace so it might be worth following up on this again. However, Squarespace don't pre-announce changes and won't publish details of their plans in advance, but as a large company operating in Europe, you should be sufficiently reassured that Squarespace will make the necessary changes before September 14, 2019, to avoid declined payments.

Update: Squarespace have released for the following support article for SCA:

Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)

-Paul

Squarespace Expert & Professional Developer

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 weeks later...

Squarespace have confirmed that everything will be in place before the deadline in September. More news nearer the time.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived