Need full bleed image width that does NOT go behind header. Brine template.

Hi. I need my header to be a solid white background. Immediately below the header, I need an image that fully bleeds to each side of the screen. It seems the only way to do this is with a banner image. When I add a banner image, it also stretches up behind the header, replacing my white background. I've spent hours dealing with this and its incredibly frustrating since it should be the simplest thing to do. Please help!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the suggestion. What actually fixed the problem was going to design styles then changing the branding and nav position from 'bottom' to 'top' and then I could change the background to white. So simple and yet how could you ever figure that out!? Hopefully Squarespace has some improvements to UX coming soon.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/20/2021 at 3:53 AM, VinnieMou said:

@WRG34Hi, thanks for sharing the method to put the full-bleed image below the header, but I couldn't find design styles and branding and nav position as you mentioned in your post. Could you please provide more details about how to get there? Thanks.

Can you share site url? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2021 at 6:14 AM, LauraArmstrong said:

I am trying to do the same thing and also cant find the design styles and branding etc. my url is www.lauraarmstrong.com.au

It looks fine here. Did you solve it?

Also do you want to increase this form width on tablet?

image.thumb.png.a6448d276ed8ba4d9ea9782479e49b91.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived