How to use Custom CSS to modify font color on gallery slideshow (Rally)

I would like to change the color of the Title font to black or another color instead of white in my slideshow. I could then set the background to transparent and have black on white letters for both title and description.

I have been searching the forum and reading a lot about Custom CSS and I feel like I understand a lot, but am missing something because when I attempt a change I see no effect at all.

I have found the code section in html and CSS using Chrome: Inspect and I have also tried pasting code from other forum users, but I don't see any changes when I paste their code into the Custom CSS on my site. I am still using the trial version of Rally template.

Eventually I would also like to move the text block to the upper right -- another template gave that option, but I can't find any options for position in Rally. Am I missing something? If not, it seems like I should be able to figure this out in custom CSS also.

For example, I tried this code but nothing changed:

.collection-type-gallery:not(.gallery-design-grid) .sqs-system-gallery .slide-meta .title { margin: 0; font-size: 14px; color: ##003366; padding: 0 2%;}

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Visual artist (painting, drawing, installation) nature and environmental subjects. twenty years experience developing my own website from early simple HTML to basic CSS and Dreamweaver -- consider myself an advanced novice-- coming to SquareSpace to simplify my website updates and keep it flexible as screen size changes, etc.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a link to the page:

https://burgundy-helicon-3hye.squarespace.com/new-page-3

Here is the current CSS I tried on that page (note: I have played around with the code on various gallery pages)

.sqs-gallery-block-slideshow .meta .meta-title {1. color: 454545;}

Visual artist (painting, drawing, installation) nature and environmental subjects. twenty years experience developing my own website from early simple HTML to basic CSS and Dreamweaver -- consider myself an advanced novice-- coming to SquareSpace to simplify my website updates and keep it flexible as screen size changes, etc.

Thank you Tuan Phan! I corrected the code for the color and I finally see a change! I will have to figure out how to set up a site url with password--I don't know how to do that but I have someone who should be able to help me figure it out tomorrow. I will also search the forum to see if the answer is there.

The code only changed the one gallery and I have other galleries in the site so I will need to figure that out also.

I really appreciate your help!

Archived