Development Squarespace site sometimes not returning to menu page

I introduced a new Squarespace website today to the person who will develop its online shop further.

A problem we had, on her computer, was that often, when we wanted to go back to the main menu page from one of the individual pages we were developing, it would give us the home page on its own - with no menu items on the left (i.e. Pages, Design, Commerce etc).

We couldn't see how to get back to the view that included the menu, and each time we were forced to log in again from scratch.

How can we stop this from happening?

• Replies 3
  • Views 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'd like to help but it is difficult to understand what you are asking. Without more information, the community will find it difficult to help and the question is likely to go unanswered.

Please try to be more specific, and ensure you include a working link to the page on your site and the steps you’ve taken so far? It must be possible for the public to view the page or it won't help us.

For more advice, read the forum guidelines

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

First of all, I can't give a link to the problem pages. This area of our website is still being developed and it is not public.

We were working on inventory pages that are kept in the unlinked section of the Pages menu. From time to time we would want to go back from an inventory page to the pages menu so we could switch to our main Shop section, which at this stage is also residing in the unlinked section of the Pages menu.

We were usually unable to go back to the Pages menu, which is normally down the left side of the screen. What happened was that we got taken back to a full home page, that took up the whole screen. It looked Just like the home page of the public version of our website. There was no menu section on the left.

The only way we could get to a development page that included the main side menu (and from that go to the Pages page) was to log into our account again.

This was on a different computer than the one I have been using to construct the website. This problem didn't occur every time. I had occasionally had a similar problem on the original computer.

Why does this happen? What can we do about it?

We are using the Avenue template

John

I suggest you contact Squarespace Customer Care. You can reach out to them here.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived