Remove navigation and site header

Hi, I would like to remove the navigation menu and header of one of my pages so that the visitor can only see a gallery slideshow. If it is possible I would also like to have the gallery appear as bis as possible on the screen.

Using CSS, could anybody give me some tips on how to do this?

The answer to this similar question was recommended to me but unfortunately I don't understand it.... http://answers.squarespace.com/questions/7550/hide-navigation-on-multiple-individual-pages

• Replies 14
  • Views 37k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can hide the header from that page by going to that page and then going Manage Site > Page Settings > Advanced and pasting this CSS into the Page Header Code Injection (be sure to include the style tags)

<style>
#header { display: none; }
</style>

I’m not sure if this CSS will make the gallery stretch the width of the page, but try adding this below the #header line (but above the </style> tag):

#site > .wrapper { max-width: 100%; width: 100% !important; padding: 0; }

The final code would look like this:

<style>
   #header { display: none; }
   #site > .wrapper { max-width: 100%; width: 100% !important; padding: 0; }
</style>

Let me know if that code stretches the gallery, if not, I’ll see if I can figure it out.

Okay the first code got rid of the header and navigation and the second did stretch the image but made it too big for my screen.

I've tried playing around with the width values so it would only be a matter of finding the right value to get the correct size that I want.

So my problem seems to be solved. Thank you so much for your help!!! :)

sorry I didn't see your last comment. I got rid of the space above the gallery (actually I thought that that was the padding) but I see no other notable difference when I edited the padding value.

Thanks for all of your help. I appreciate it very much!

• 1 year later...

Hey guys,I've been trying to use this CSS on my page also and while it works great in terms of removing the header I still have a padding up top and a horizontal line. Is there a way to remove that ?

Also when pulling up this site on an iphone the navigation reappears. Any known fix for that?

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived