Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Sign in to follow this  
BradWilliamson

Making the title & description visible on each image contained within a Gallery Block?

Question

In regards to Gallery Blocks:

Images contained within Slideshow Gallery Blocks can have an image’s Title be made visible.

…But Slider, Stacked and Grid Galleries cannot.

Does anyone know how to code Gallery Blocks so an image’s Title will appear with pics contained in these other Gallery-types?

Thanks!

Edited by BradWilliamson
Tidy

Virtual Biographer and Founder of "The Virtual Biographers™ - Producers of Celebrity Lifecasts" @Brad_Williamson

9 answers to this question

To display Image Title & Description beneath each image in a stacked gallery, add this to your Custom CSS Editor:

.meta { display: block !important }

You need to have the image title/description added for the image, obviously, for it to display.

I suggest adding ~5 pixels of padding above and ~10 pixels below, for a better look. Tested in the Beatrice template, but should work in other stacked galleries (but not Index galleries).

Edited by Junkyard Sam

Here is what worked for me. It was originally applying to all images (including those in the blog, which I didn’t want), I’ve been trying to figure it out and finally got it working. It is specific to the stacked version of the gallery. Let me know if it works for you, add it to the Custom CSS Editor:

.sqs-gallery-block-stacked .meta {
 display: block !important;
 margin-top: -25px;
 margin-bottom: 25px;
 text-align: left;
}

Edited by jonesjb

Hey, Junkyard! Thanks for this!

Would you mind including a link to an example you've applied this to?

Thanks, again!

Virtual Biographer and Founder of "The Virtual Biographers™ - Producers of Celebrity Lifecasts" @Brad_Williamson

P.S.

What coding needs to precede...

.meta { display:block !important; }

...in order for it to specifically apply to various Gallery-types?

Thanks again for being so helpful. This is too cool of you ;-)

What about a Slider Gallery? Call me stupid if you wanna, but I'm trying to apply what you've mentioned to the Slider scenario without any luck. Got any hints as to how to pull it off?

I have a quite similar problem. I would like to make the titles appear on my pictures in grid design gallery. My pictures have URL linking to other pages. Has anyone succeed to make it on a Grid gallery?

Edited by ImaadBKK