How can I limit Contributor access to ONLY blog pages?

Or if it was possible the ability to only edit Text within the site but no ability to actually move or delete things on other types of pages. That way a writer could be allowed access with no worries of them accidentally deleting or moving something by mistake. Of course on Blog pages they could add in a image or other items but for regular pages they could only change text in text boxes and of course could not see or change any other type of settings. Within this "Content Contributor" could be options like. Can only submit: Blogs, Galleries, Edit Text on Pages, Ect....

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 34
  • Views 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It isn't available, no. Squarespace don't read this, you should raise the issue with customer support and ask for a "feature request" ticket to be raised. The more who do this, the more likely it is it will be implemented. At the moment, I suspect few have asked for it, because my interactions with customer support suggest they don't understand the question even.

It isn't available, no. Squarespace don't read this, you should raise the issue with customer support and ask for a "feature request" ticket to be raised. The more who do this, the more likely it is it will be implemented. At the moment, I suspect few have asked for it, because my interactions with customer support suggest they don't understand the question even.

• 1 month later...

I can see this is an old thread but there's still no formal solution from Squarespace.

I needed anonymous submissions to our blog as I am using the blog structure for customer references. It's ok if they are submitted anonymously and without review - we can fix after the fact if it becomes a problem.

To deal with this in Squarespace:-Got the "post by email" address-In the blog sidebar, created a text box and hyperlink a "mailto" link, using the "post by email" address

Anonymous submissions can now go live when emailed by customers. They can also include photos, which is what we wanted.

I also created a form in the sidebar with the "submit" button action being a mailto:post-by-email-address. So people can fill out the form, hit submit, and the info goes live in the blog. It requires some extra formatting but the content can go up quickly.

Archived