Montauk: How do I add a sidebar to my blog?

I would like to divide my Squarespace 6 blog page into two columns, so that the blogging content is on the left, and there is a column on the right containing things like Twitter feeds and book recommendations. I can't find the "add block" option on the blog page though. How do I fix this?

Thank you for your help.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

After you have logged in, click on the "Blog Settings" button near the top.

There will be an option called "Page Layout" which lets you change between full width, or add a sidebar. The sidebars are currently governed by the theme itself, and almost all the themes only offer the option of a single sidebar with your choice of it either being on the left or right.

Once you've added a sidebar, click on the "View Blog" button. From here you can edit the width of it via "Change Style" (the paintbrush) or add a block via the "Edit Content" (the pencil) mode.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I went around in circles on trying to add the sidebar in the Bedford template, until I finally found a line in a video in a SquareSpace tutorial about sidebars: go to the Design section of the site, go to Site Styles, scroll down and uncheck "Hide Blog Sidebar," and save - arghhh! So annoyed but so happy to find this! Then in the Pages area on the blog main page, hover over the right side of the blog and the edit option will come up! YAY! Source tutorial: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206544967

Archived