Can you integrate a Shopify store into a Squarespace site?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's very difficult to seamlessly embed a Shopify store into a Squarespace website. When you use Shopify, you're essentially running an entirely different website, and you should design and style your Shopify store to match your Squarespace site and create a seamless experience when your visitors click over to your store. Remember, when you run a Shopify store alongside of your Squarespace site, you'll be creating a general Link that just links over to your Shopify page in the navigation. Shopify does offer embeddable product widget and various thing but honestly they aren't great. I've tried embedding a Shopify store into Squarespace by iframing it and it didn't turn out too well.

Take a look at the "embeddable store widget" they have which lets you run the store in a popup overlay. I find these to be a little annoying, so I tend to avoid overlays, especially if it's a large store.

Squarespace's design and development process is the best of any system I've ever used and frankly I can't stand using anything other than Squarespace so I find the process of styling a Shopify site to be cumbersome and painful now that I'm spoiled with Squarespace.

That being said, Shopify is still the absolute best ecommerce solution available. It's features and integrations are the best available. It really depends on what you need out of your store.

Personally, I use Shopify for large stores, and Ecwid for small stores.

Ecwid is embeddable and made to plug into current websites. It's far easier to design and setup and it's pretty featured-packed. I would definitely take a look at that.

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey Jason, I'm wondering where you are on this topic a couple of years down the road. I've seen a few other questions you answered on ecommerce options with SS, and they were really helpful.

Are you still mixing Shopify/Ecwid with Squarespace?

We love our Squarespace site, but sell a lot of one-of-a-kind products, so the built-in ecommerce system is getting unwieldy.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

The original question was about integrating square space and shop a phi. The link that we shared above, is for doing a one time import from shop a fight to square space if you were switching between the two platforms.

Given this, I don’t believe this is the correct response.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived