I would like to automate my order fulfillment by sending an email to my suppliers when an order is placed. Here is the journey I would like to accomplish:
1. Customer fills out form in checkout with name and shipping address.
2. Customer places order on squarespace and completes payment.
3. An email template is sent to my supplier (NOT MY CUSTOMER) detailing name and shipping address of order and order specifics (as populated by the unique email template for that product).
Can I do this using squarespace api or email campaigns ?
I’ve run into a few road blocks trying to accomplish this.
1. First I tried to automate the email by using google sheets as the form storage. But then I found that squarespace forms created during checkout DO NOT allow for Google sheets storage.
2. I tried to connect squarespace orders to zapier. But I’ve found that the only zap allowed that I can see is from a squarespace form. I’m still not sure if a squarespace advanced commerce membership will allow zapier to pick up order API
I’ve tried mailchimp which CAN pick up specific products, but will only allow me to email the purchaser, not send out an email to my supplier based on an order.
I’ve considered newsletter forms in checkout to be picked up by zapier. But Squarespace doesn’t allow newsletter forms in members area checkouts ?????
Lastly I’ve tried to send emails to my suppliers in zapier based on a gmail subject search trigger. But I can’t seem to isolate the shipping address, name and product order from the email.
Is this an easy workaround or should I just hire a developer for this seemingly simple request ?
Can you please help me solve this issue ?