Awful solution on a great platform.
"We do not provide bla bla bla"... is not a great UX answer in 2020.
Just to recap how bad the selling on Squarespace is:
- No video or audio previews, just images
- 300 mb limit. Great for images (not even all of them) bad for HD video, long audio books, collections
- No different option even for a simple things like images. Info for UX designers in Squarespace - photographer selling prints and digital versions, in a few variations and for a different purposes, such as tiffs for prints, mid jpegs for social media, hi-res jpegs for other purposes. And this is just a tip of the iceberg , but not even this is implemented.
- no ability to sell different licences such as personal or commercial.
- no search on inventory page option for a larger collections of digital goods,
- no filters system for tags (only category) on inventory page
- no collection ability
And this is just a few things, I could name after 3 minutes spend on inventory page.
Yes I know you are not a dedicated "sell" platform, but since you entered that realm, please analyse UX at least for the majority of factors and implement them before proclaiming selling option.